Tuesday, October 8, 2013

PROMO BLITZ & REVIEW: "Shades of Pink" A Romance Anthology - Avoiding Commitment 1.5 (Jack's POV)


I am excited to share with you all this great book for a great cause. Check out all the info below on The Shades Of Pink (A Romance Anthology) and then read my review of one of the stories from the book:  Avoiding Commitment 1.5 (Jack's POV) by K.A. Linde!



Shades of Pink Charity Anthology


As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For this occasion, 33 authors have allied for 1 cause: fundraising for research. Their gift to everyone who makes a donation? A romance anthology (ebook) titled Shades of Pink, totaling over 200.000 words / about 500 pages as a PDF.

The suggested donation is $5. Funds are raised via Stayclassy.org and all proceeds go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Readers can also donate to the charity organization of their choice (with a focus on breast cancer) and email their receipt to receive their copy of the anthology in either PDF, ePub or mobi (kindle).

Who: Kate Baum, Brei Betzold, Jean Booth, Catherine Bowman, Perci T. Brooks, Rose Caraway, Bethan Cooper, Sarah Daltry, Vivien Dean, JJ Ellis, Rachel Firasek, Sabrina Garie, Amber Green, T. Hammond, Lisa M. Harley, Susan Harris, K. R. Haynes, Ellie Heller, Laura Hunsaker, Jennifer James, Torie James, Kallysten, K.A. Linde, C. Deanne Rowe, DJ Shaw, Madeline Sheehan, Eden Summers, Gill Taber, J Annas Walker, Matthew Welch, Kristin L. Wilson, Zoe York, Angela Yseult

When: October through November 15th.

What: 33 short stories, including…
  • 30 M/F, 1.5 M/M, 1.5 M/F/M
  • 4 paranormal, 2 sci-fi, 19 contemporary, 3 historical, 1 BDSM, 9 fantasy, 3 YA (some stories have more than one genre)
  • 4 spicy (ménage or kink), 15 sexy (explicit sex scenes), 14 sweet (no sex)
  • A handful of vampires, about four dozen humans including fighters, cursed humans, reincarnated souls, footballers, time travelers, bosses, secretaries, writers, rock stars, teens, witches, soldiers, wives, husbands and fiancés, 1 succubus, 1 genie, 1 extra-terrestrial princess, a few gods and goddesses, a pack of werewolves.
  • Pink, pink and more pink, including cherry blossoms, jewelry,  flamingoes, silk, a leather collar, assorted flowers, hair, a car, lip gloss, champagne, a hair ribbon, a hippo, various clothing items, lemonade and a toy.

Here you’ll find teasers for all the stories, interviews of the authors posted during all of October, and of course the link where you can donate and help this worthy cause.


My Review:

This is my review of ONE of the short stories featured in the above anthology. "Avoiding Commitment 1.5 Jack's POV" by author K.A. Linde. 


Rating: 5 Stars *****

I was afraid to read this story written from Jack's POV. I was completely content in my anger at the Jackass. Like everyone else I was routing for Jack until the end of Avoiding Commitment. See he kept letting me down and I was beginning to like Ramsey a little more. In the last chapter I had decided I didn't want Lexi with either. Bekah had me convinced both were snakes. Then came Avoiding Responsibility and Ramsey won my heart again. By the last page Jack had became Jack "the coward" Howard and I was #TeamRamsey all the way (because really Mystery Man was just that a mystery). When Avoiding Intimacy was released I thought I would stay firm in my #TeamRamsey stance because this was Chyna's book so... yeah we really get to know our Mystery Man from AR and he is super hot and all of a sudden I am a #DoubleDipper. Happily perched on my fence between Ramsey and John. Still angry and frustrated at Jack Howard. That Asshole. So when I heard K.A. Linde was apart of this anthology and was writing the beginning of Avoiding Commitment from Jack's POV I thought "Oh no, I am going to end up a #TripleDipper". I just knew being inside Jack's head was going to garner a little sympathy from me. Boy did it. I saw something in this short story that I had entirely missed in the other three books because I was blinded by my anger. Jack has a good heart. Yes THAT Jack. He "tries" to do right by everyone. He "tries" not to hurt anyone. AND when the man is backed into a corner he panics! The last thing he wanted to do was hurt Lexi... he even tried to stay away from her but he just couldn't. He wanted to just be in her presence. He wasn't looking for an easy lay... actually he wasn't looking for a lay at all... how many college guys do you know that are completely faithful to the girlfriend back home??? Ugh no no no... Jack is not the asshole I thought he was - really? Can that be true? So did I become a #TripleDipper you may ask. NO. I. Did. Not. >>>> I freaking became a Jack Packer <<<< There I admit it!!! Yes I hopped right off that fence I was SO comfortable on because let's face it Jack & Lexi are meant to be together, I mean even Lexi has to know that... all this "avoiding" but she can never quite get herself out of Jack's orbit... how hard could it have been to "avoid" him when she was living in NYC and him in Atlanta? Honestly how hard is it to cut someone out of your life for good? Not that hard if you really want to. So yeah now going into Avoiding Temptation I am officially 100% #TeamJack for the first time and it's not even Bekah's fault... it's K.A. Linde's and this little Jack POV's FAULT ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment