Wednesday, July 9, 2014

SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW: "Bang" by E.K. Blair






Title: BANG
Series: The Black Lotus Series, book #1
Genre: Dark Suspense, Thriller, Romance
Release Date: May 19, 2014

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**

Synopsis
They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. But I’m not innocent. I haven’t been for a very long time. My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams. Gone. Vanished. I never even had a choice. I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. Until now. I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.


Buy Links

Excerpt
In an instant, he’s crouched down in front of me, hands spreading me open wider before dipping his tongue inside me. I continue massaging myself as he laps me up like I’m the only one who can quench his thirst. He sickens me, and as soon as I feel the swirl of hate manifest, I turn every part of me off and simply go through the movements I know he likes. I’m a well-oiled machine at this point, flawless in my performance. He has no idea that I’m the poison in his bones, making my home in his soul. I’ve crept under his skin, and he never suspected a thing other than everything I’ve wanted him to, but he’s made my life a hell, and payback is a wicked bitch that comes in the form of me. I’m the devil seeped within the cracks of him. What he doesn’t know is that it’s because of him that I am what I am, and he’s fallen into the cobwebs of my lies like a fool. I guess I should love him for that, because when he least suspects it, he’s going to give me everything I’ve been seeking— vengeance.


Review
 5 Star ****

This was not what I was expecting at all. This was pure unadulterated animalistic alpha obsession to the "nth" power.  It's a twisted love story based on the preface of revenge. I've never experienced a book with depravation of this magnitude.  It was phenomenal. You know when you're reading a book and you think you've got it figured out; hell no, not going to happen with this book. This book twists and turns like I don't know what - I don't have a strong enough analogy for this one. 

Elizabeth was a little girl who lost her whole world at 5 years old. She grew up witnessing and experiencing heinous acts of violence and torture. Pike became her surrogate brother, best friend, protector, and lover. WHAT?!?!?!? Yes ma'am that's what I said. After years of hurt and torture Pike takes Elizabeth away and they try to start anew and emerge as someone new altogether. 

Nina is an elite socialite with a vendetta for a certain man, Bennett Vanderwal who happens to be her husband. Pain and hurt will drive some people completely mad. And when pushed to the brink it can cause irreparable damage . She has one goal in life. To make him pay. Make him pay for all the wrongs done to her growing up as Elizabeth. But will she make him pay? Will she get her revenge?

 She plays her cards right and finds her con to help finalize her revenge. She marks DeClan McKinnon as her scape goat, her patsy, her mark. Not so sure she thought this one out. Declan - he's a beast! He is 100% alpha animalistic possessor of all things Nina. He likes control. He will always be 1st no matter the situation. He is filthy mouthed and sexy as hell. He's perverted but sensual. He leaves his mark on his property. That thin line between love and hate is so blurry at times and even though you think you're walking one side of it chances are you're straddling that line. 

Would you be able to give up all that hate, darkness, and bitterness for one chance at happily ever after? You probably would if you didn't have that little devil on your shoulder egging you on to continue on your downward spiral of hate and revenge. That's what Pike is to Elizabeth. He's her savior, protector, lover, devil. He encourages the hate and the atrocious thoughts. He doesn't want her to live a good life. He wants her to be just as dirty as he is.  

Who wins out? Good over Evil? Can anyone win a game of deceit as deep as this one is? Will she ever get that elusive happiness of revenge? Is she deserving of a happy ever after? Or is the darkness just too much to bear.  

The ending is a complete screw with your mind and leaves you contemplating the next book in the series. I THINK I know how it ended. So I know what I want Echo (book2) to be about but guys and gals, I'm stumped. 

It's a great blow your mind read. I could not put it down. I am still recovering from this one! Please read and let's discuss because I need to know everyone is reeling in much the same way I am.

~ Shannon D.

  Author Links





 


No comments:

Post a Comment