Monday, September 30, 2013

REVIEW: "Stripped" by Jasinda Wilder


Title: Stripped
Author: Jasinda Wilder
Release: August 16, 2013


Rating:  5 Star *****


Blurb:

So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, one day, I meet a man. He's in my club, front and center. He watches me do my routine, and his gaze is full of hunger. Not the kind of desire I'm used to though. It's something different. Something hotter, deeper, and more possessive. I know who he is; of course I do. Everyone knows who Dawson Kellor is. He's People Magazine's Sexiest Man alive. He's the hottest actor in Hollywood. He's the man hand-picked for the role of Rhett Butler in the long-awaited remake of Gone With the Wind. 

He's the kind of man who can have any woman in the entire world with a mere crook of his finger. So what's he doing looking at me like he has to have me? And how do I resist him when he looks at me with those intoxicating, changeable, quicksilver eyes? 

I'm a virgin, and he's an American icon of male sexuality. I'm a stripper, and he's a man used to getting anything and everything he wants. And he wants me. I know I should say no, I know he's the worst kind of player…but what my mind knows, my body and my heart may not.

And then things get complicated.



Review:


16 year old Grey, daughter of a Baptist preacher, grew up in Macon, Georgia in a very conservative household. No dancing, no music, no boys, and not a whole lot of freedom. She started taking dance classes that her mother helped hide from her father. Dancing was her freedom but film was where she wanted to be – not in the film but behind the scenes – it was her dream. After her mother dies she moves out to LA to attend USC for film. While there she makes no friends and puts all her time and energy into school. Unfortunately her scholarships run out and she has to find work to pay for school, dorm, and food. She has internship with a major film studio in Los Angeles but it doesn’t pay so…….

She finds a job at a semi-nude strips club and tries valiantly to keep her two identities separate – Grey, the film intern and Gracie – the sweet, sultry, southern belle who rocks the stripper pole. Despite her best efforts those worlds collide.

While working the VIP room she notices she’s dancing for four of Hollywood’s hottest actors and the one she can’t look away from, the one who sends tingles down her spine, the one who makes her want to do things a sweet southern Baptist preachers daughter should never think of is Dawson Kellor. Hollywood’s “it – bad boy”. He’s keeping a close eye on her; noticing she doesn’t belong in a place like that. He’s drawn to her and she to him. It’s instantaneous, electrifying, need at first sight.

The next morning while walking into her first meeting as an intern who does she meet? Who’s the lead actor in the film she’s working on? Who’s she going to be assistant to? Dawson Kellor.

So their story begins. She wants to stay hidden and private; and she doesn’t believe Dawson can actually want her; she has nothing to offer him; she knows his history and it’s a world away from hers. Dawson wants Grey – no matter the cost. Dawson wants her and he’s a spoiled brat and used to getting everything he wants. He wants to make her life better; no stripping, not having to worry about money for school, wants her to eat regularly, and he wants to reunite her with her dad. Can they make this a true Hollywood Happy Ever After?

This book was a great read. It moved along really well. I wish Grey hadn’t been so wishy washy but she was great. She had this belief system all her life and as a southern girl that belief system was her life foundation; and Dawson shook that foundation. Other than that I had no concerns over the characters – Dawson was great – a hero, in fact, because he saved her from that life. The sex scenes were hot and great! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I did!!


~ Shannon D.


Favorite Quotes:


“Wanting you, needing you, being confused, being mad, frustrated, needing a release I can’t find, wanting to even hold your hand like some fucking sappy teenager…..it’s all feelings. And that…..it makes me feel alive in a way I’ve never known.”

“Words can lie. Words can deceive and delude and conceal and avoid. But the things you do, how you move, how you touch, those things cannot.”

“You think you’re the first girl to strip her way through college? You’re fucking amazing at it, Grey. You should own it. It doesn’t have to define you.”

“He’s brought me breakfast. In bed. And he’s done it shirtless. Women of America, be jealous.”


Author Info:



Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. When she's not writing, she's probably shopping, baking, or reading.

www.jasindawilder.com

Email Jasinda at JasindaWilder@gmail.com

Friend Jasinda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jasinda.wilder


Links:

Add to your TBR:

Buy at Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment